Solar Thermal Contractors
The California Public Utilities Commission, California Energy Commission, and CSI-Thermal Program Administrators provide information on finding contractors (including lists herein) for information purposes only and do not endorse any specific contractor, nor do they guarantee the quality of a contractor's work or provide any warranty on the work or products purchased from the contractor.
Choosing a Licensed Solar Contractor
Tips for choosing a contractor:
- Interview a minimum of three potential contractors and obtain written bids from each one for comparison.
- Ask potential contractors for references from prior customers and check them.
- Visit the State of California Contractors State License Board website to verify that each contractor you are considering has an active and current license.
- Never provide more than 10 percent of the system's cost for an up-front deposit and do not make final payment until the system is installed and operating properly.
Finding a Solar Hot Water Licensed Contractor
The CSI-Thermal Program maintains a list of eligible contractors that meet licensing and other requirements for participating in the program. Eligible contractors are also required to take a one-day training class that explains CSI-Thermal Program rules, standards and protocols.
- Find eligible contractors by viewing a MAP for your zip code, or seeing a complete LIST.
Self-installers are also required to take the one-day training course in order to receive a CSI-Thermal Incentive payment. Classes are held on a regular basis. Contractors and self-installers wishing to take the class should contact the Program Administrator in their area for a schedule of classes and information on how to enroll.