Go Solar California! News
News Releases and Announcements
- August 9, 2012 - The Governor's Office of Planning and Research: California Solar Permitting Guidebook
- July 3, 2012 - CSI Program issues Annual Program Assessment to Governor, Legislature.
- August 2, 2011 - New Tool Unveiled Adds Value for California Solar Homes
- October 11, 2010 - CPUC Announces Availability of Rebates for Multi-Family and Commercial Solar Water Heating Systems
- September 2, 2010 - CPUC Approves Second Round of Grants for the California Solar Initiative RD&D Program
- July 30, 2010 - Assigned CPUC Commissioner Ruling Lifts Hold on Incentive Processing
- July 28, 2010 - Cash for Appliances Rebate Program Expands (to include rebates for solar hot water systems) - Consumers Can Begin Saving July 29
- July 22, 2010 - Gov. Schwarzenegger Applauds $122 Million Award to California Team for Energy Innovation Hub
- July 16, 2010 - CPUC Fact Sheet: California Solar Initiative Success and Request for Comment on Budget Issues - July 2010
- July 9, 2010 - CSI Program issues Annual Program Assessment to Governor, Legislature.
- July 9, 2010 - Assigned Commissioner's Ruling directs CSI Program Administrators to temporarily postpone issuing confirmed reservations for new PBI applications and tax-exempt incentive rates.
- May 10, 2010 - Contractors State License Board Warns Californians: Don't Get Burned When Going Solar - Hot tips protect consumers from solar energy scammers
- April 22, 2010 - Governor Schwarzenegger Celebrates Earth Day, Announces SunPower Expansion in California
- April 22, 2010 - CPUC Approves Solar PV Program for PG&E
- April 20, 2010 - Energy Commission and State Treasurer's Office Enter Into Landmark Agreement Investing in Clean Energy Jobs
- April 15, 2010 - Loan Applications for Clean Energy Business Financing Program Available - California Clean Energy Manufacturers May Receive Up to $5 million
- April 13, 2010 - CPUC Solar Program Sets Milestone for Most Rebates Reserved in a Single Month
- March 17, 2010 - California Energy Commission Announces Clean Energy Business Financing Program - Loans To Help California Clean Energy Manufacturers Reduce Energy and Create Jobs
- March 11, 2010 - CPUC Approves First Round of Grants for the California Solar Initiative RD&D Program
- March 10, 2010 - Assemblyman Nestande Announces $700,000 To Install Solar Technology At Indian Wells Civic Center (PDF file)
- February 26, 2009 - Gov. Schwarzenegger Signs Legislation to Grow Solar Investment and Create Jobs in California
- February 24, 2010 - CA Energy Commission Announces $90 Million Clean Energy Program - Advanced Clean Technology Program Aims To Keep Jobs In California
- February 11, 2009 - California Recovery Task Force Announces $110 Million In Recovery Act Awards For Energy Efficiency and Solar Projects
- January 28, 2010 - Energy Commission's New Solar Homes Guidelines Benefit California Builders
- January 21, 2009 - California Companies Awarded $23 Million to Develop Cutting-Edge Lighting, Solar
- January 21, 2009 - CPUC Establishes Incentives for Installation of Solar Water-Heating Systems
- January 21, 2009 - Governor Schwarzenegger Applauds New Solar Incentive
- December 15, 2009 - Governor Schwarzenegger Announces 244 Proposed Renewable Energy Projects Throughout State
- December 15, 2009 - New Online "Tool Kit" Will Help California Cities Go Solar
- December 7, 2009 - Central Valley Woman Wins Green Home Makeover As Go Solar California Contest Educates Consumers About Solar and Energy Efficiency
- October 29, 2009 - California awarded $3.5 Million from the U.S. DOE for Solar Training Partnership
- October 26, 2009 - Gov. Schwarzenegger Secures Commitment to Continue Net Metering for Solar
- September 24, 2009 - CPUC Makes Largest Commitment Ever Made by a State to Energy Efficiency
- September 18 2009 - Governor Visits Solazyme Incorporated to Highlight California Solar Growth Report
- September 4, 2009 - Gov. Schwarzenegger Joins Vice President Biden in Announcing Thousands of Jobs to be Created Through $535 Million Federal Loan for Solar Manufacturing in Fremont
- July 23, 2009 - On July 14, 2009, the California Energy Commission announced that the contract amendments for the administration of the New Solar Homes Partnership program by the investor-owned utilities were approved by the Department of General Services. The utilities have resumed their program administration duties. Please contact your utility for any program inquiries.
- July 1 & 14, 2009 - Notice of Change of Program Administrator of the New Solar Homes Partnership (Status Update).
- June 30, 2009 - Governor's News Release: Governor Schwarzenegger Praises Success of California Solar Initiative
- June 30, 2009 - CPUC Reports on Success of California's Solar Program
- June 18, 2009 - Governor's News Release: Gov. Schwarzenegger Applauds Approval of Edison Solar Roof Program
- June 18, 2009 - CPUC News Release: CPUC Approves So. Calif. Edison Solar Roof Program
- May 13, 2009 - Governor's News Release: Gov. Schwarzenegger Applauds Huge Solar Power Deal with PG&E and Brightsource
- May 7, 2009 - Governor's News Release: Gov. Schwarzenegger Highlights California's Solar Leadership at Inaugural Solar Summit
- April 23, 2009 - Governor's News Release: Gov. Schwarzenegger Applauds Adoption of World's First-Ever Low Carbon Fuel Standard
- April 22, 2009 - Energy Commission News Release: Go Solar California Launches Second Annual Sweepstakes, Statewide Contest Educates Consumers on Solar Energy and Offers a Green Home Makeover
- April 22, 2009 - Governor's News Release: Gov. Schwarzenegger Highlights California's Environmental Leadership and Innovation on Earth Day (with video)
- April 20, 2009 - Energy Commission News Release: Capitol Earth Day Event Engages Californians on Solar Energy
- 1/30/2009: California ISO News Release: California ISO Symposium Sheds New Light on Integrating Solar Power (PDF file)>
- Presentation from California Solar Initiative Public Forum - January 30, 2009
- 1/28/2009: Gov. Schwarzenegger Highlights Report Showing Californians Doubled Solar Installations in 2008 More...
- 1/28/2009: CPUC News Release: CPUC Staff Reports Solar Program Doubled Installations In 2008 Compared to Prior Year More...
- California Solar Initiative - California Public Utilities Commission, Staff Progress Report, January 2009 (includes data annex), posted Janury 8, 2009, CPUC publication. (PDF file, 38 pages, 4.8 megabytes)
- 1/16/2009: Gov. Schwarzenegger Issues Statement on Secretary of the Interior's Plan to Expedite Development of Renewable Energy More...
- 1/8/09: NEWS RELEASE: Go Solar California Sweepstakes Contest Educates Consumers About Solar and Energy Efficiency - Southern Californian Wins 2009 Toyota Prius
- 12/1/08: Gov. Schwarzenegger Applauds Completion of Commercial Rooftop Solar Installation Project More...
- 11/17/08: Governor Schwarzenegger Advances State's Renewable Energy Development: Signs Executive Order to Raise California's Renewable Energy Goals to 33 Percent by 2020, Clear Red Tape for Renewable Projects More...
- 10/23/2008: Governor Schwarzenegger Participates in Launch of New Solar Energy Facility More... (includes video)
- 10/21/2008: Gov. Schwarzenegger Announces Partnership to Power CSU Campuses with Solar Energy More... (includes video)
- 10/16/2008: CPUC Establishes Incentive Program For Multifamily Affordable Solar Housing More...
- 10/14/2008: CPUC Reports Solar Program Breaks Records For Installed Capacity, New Demand More...
- 10/10/2008: California Solar Initiative - California Public Utilities Commission, Staff Progress Report, October 2008, posted October 10, 2008, CPUC publication. (PDF file, 34 pages, 2.2 MB)
- 10/3/2008: "Federal Solar Tax Credits Extended for 8 Years, U.S. Poised to Become Largest Solar Market in the World - News from Solar Energy Industries Association®
- California Solar Initiative - California Public Utilities Commission, Staff Progress Report, July 2008, posted July 14, 2008, CPUC publication. (PDF file, 61 pages, 958 kilobytes)
- July 14, 2008 Workshop on CSI Dropouts and Incentive Budget.
April 22, 2008 - Gov. Schwarzenegger Commemorates Earth Day, Dedicates Natural Landmark and Launches Solar Project
April 21, 2008 - News Release: GoSolarCalifornia.org Web Site Re-Launched. Internet Portal Makes It Even Easier To Learn About Solar Energy; New Solar Homes across the State
April 17, 2008 - News Release: SMUD closer to providing solar power for all. Awards solar power contract to build 1 MW panel array for SolarShares program (PDF file)
April 17, 2008 - Agenda for California Solar Initiative Forum to be held at the Victoria Gardens Cultural Center, 12505 Cultural Center Drive, Rancho Cucamonga, California. Please see PDF file agenda. (PDF file, 1 page, 36 kilobytes)
Presentations from Meeting, posted 4/18/08. (PDF file, 119 pages, 1.1 megabytes)
April 16, 2008 - News Release: Kyocera and Point Loma Nazarene University Announce Plan to Build a 450 kW Solar Energy System on San Diego Campus
California Solar Initiative - California Public Utilities Commission, Staff Progress Report, April 2008, posted April 15, 2008, CPUC publication. (PDF file, 54 pages, 840 kilobytes)
April 10, 2008 - News Release: Gov. Schwarzenegger Applauds Bipartisan U.S. Senate Support for Extending Renewable Energy and Efficiency Tax Credits
April 8, 2008 - News Release: SMUD and Woodside Homes agree to build almost 1,500 solar homes (PDF file)
April 1, 2008 - News Release: PG&E Signs Contracts with BrightSource Energy for up to 900 Megawatts of Solar Thermal Power
March 27, 2008 - News Release: Gov. Schwarzenegger Highlights Nation's Largest Rooftop Solar Installation Project as Key to Achieving California's Renewable Energy Goals
March 27, 2008 - News Release: Southern California Edison Launches Nation's Largest Solar Panel Installation
March 13, 2008 - In compliance with its procedural and statutory requirements, the California Public Utilities Commission (CPUC) closed the expired California Solar Initiative (CSI) proceeding docket (R.06-03-004) and reopened the proceeding under docket number R.08-03-008. This Order initiates a Rulemaking to continue the work from Rulemaking 06-03-004 related to policies, rules and implementation of the California Solar Initiative, the Self-Generation Incentive Program, and general issues relating to distributed generation. The CPUC will convene a Prehearing Conference on April 22, 2008, to discuss the ongoing scope and schedule of the CSI program. NOTE: The CPUC's Process Office will create a new service list for this proceeding. Parties currently on the service list for R.06-03-004 and R.04-03-017 will NOT automatically be placed on the new service list for R.08-03-008 and must follow CPUC procedure outlined in Section 5 of the Rulemaking to be added to the new service list. To view Rulemaking (R.)08-03-008, please go to: http://docs.cpuc.ca.gov/PUBLISHED/AGENDA_DECISION/79948.htm
February 1, 2008 - News Release: Solar Integrated Announces Continued Production Ramp with Governor Schwarzenegger, Senator McCain and Mayor Giuliani On Hand
California Solar Initiative - California Public Utilities Commission, Staff Progress Report, January 2008, posted January 25, 2008, CPUC publication. (PDF file, 43 pages, 504 kilobytes)
January 7, 2008, Notice of Availability and link to download Guidelines for California's Solar Electric Incentive Program Pursuant to Senate Bill 1, (publication # CEC-300-2007-012-CMF) adopted December 19, 2007, at the Energy Commission Business Meeting.
January 7, 2008 - News Release: GE Unit Partners with SunPower on California Solar Projects; Multi-Project Financing Agreement Streamlines Solar Power System Implementation. Includes 2.3-megawatt rooftop solar power system at the Toyota Motor Sales, USA Ontario Parts Center in Ontario, California; the largest single-roof solar power installation in the United States.
December 20, 2007, CPUC Establishes California Solar Initiative Eligibility Requirements For Solar Thermal Technologies
December 5, 2007, Energy Policy Report Puts Greenhouse Gas Reductions Front and Center of State Agenda
November 16, 2007, PUC Adopts Low-Income Solar Incentive Program For Single Family Homes
October 29, 2007, U.S. Department of Energy Announces Solicitation for 2008 Solar America Cities
October 12, 2007 - CPUC News Release: PUC President Applauds Governor's Signing of Solar Water Heating And Efficiency Act of 2007
PROGRAM UPDATE - September 12, 2007 - Update on the CPUC California Solar Initiative Program Administration . (PDF file, 2 page, 268 kb)
New Solar Homes Partnership Training Workshops: Summer 2007 - Flyer, Workshops being held Auguust 28, 2007 - Irwindale, September 6, 2007 - San Francisco, and September 20, 2007 - San Diego. (PDF file, 1 page, 152 kb)
PROGRAM UPDATE - August 30, 2007 - Update on the CPUC California Solar Initiative Program Administration . (PDF file, 2 page, 276 kb)
PROGRAM UPDATE - July 25, 2007: News Release - Changes to the New Solar Homes Partnership Program Guidebook. (PDF file, 1 page, 75 kb)
June 7, 2007: News Release - CPUC and Legislature remove mandatory Time Of Use requirement. (PDF file, 2 pages, 56 kb)
April 26, 2007: News Release - Solar Task Force Announces Policy Recommendations That Aim to Make San Francisco the Nation's Leading Solar City. (PDF file, 1 page, 144 kb)
January 31, 2007 - Flyer on Solar America Initiative, U.S. Department of Energy's program for Solar City Partnerships. Deadline for applications, 2/21/2007. (PDF file, 1 page, 432 kilobytes)
PROGRAM UPDATE - December 15, 2006: Upcoming Changes to the Solar Photovoltaic Incentive Programs - joint informational fact sheet from Energy Commission and CPUC. (PDF file, 7 pages, 176 kilobytes)
PROGRAM UPDATE - December 6, 2006: Upcoming Changes to the Solar Photovoltaic Incentive Programs - joint informational fact sheet from Energy Commission and CPUC. (PDF file, 6 pages, 196 kilobytes)
PROGRAM UPDATE - November 15, 2006: Upcoming Changes to the Solar Photovoltaic Incentive Programs - joint informational fact sheet from Energy Commission and CPUC. (PDF file, 6 pages, 152 kilobytes)
PROGRAM UPDATE - November 9, 2006: Upcoming Changes to the Solar Photovoltaic Incentive Programs - joint informational fact sheet from Energy Commission and CPUC. (PDF file, 2 pages, 196 kilobytes)
October 19, 2006 - Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger unveils the Go Solar California! website at the "Solar Power 2006" Conference in San Jose.
October 11, 2006: State Loans City of San Diego $2.2 Million for Energy Efficiency, Solar Power - California Energy Commission
October 4, 2006: CHANGE A LIGHT, CHANGE THE WORLD campaign aims to increase energy efficiency statewide - California Energy Commission & ENERGY STAR®
September 28, 2006: Energy Commission Awards Renewable Energy Research Funding Projects Include Improving Wind Energy, Solar, Energy Storage Cells - California Energy Commission
August 24, 2006: PUC Adopts Performance-Based Incentive Program for Groundbreaking California Solar Initiative.
August 21, 2006 - News Release: Million Solar Roofs Bill (SB 1) Signed Into Law
April 26, 2006: New Web site to strengthen solar market in New Home Construction - California Energy Commission
March 3, 2006: California Schools Get an "A" in Solar - California Energy Commission
January 27, 2006: Committee elected to guide renewable energy generation in the Western United States - California Energy Commission
January 12, 2006: PUC Creates Groundbreaking Solar Energy Program
December 15, 2005: PUC Increases Funding for Solar Technologies
August 20, 2004: News Release - Governor Schwarzenegger Million Solar Homes Plan